The Hearing Services at Emerge empower children and adults to live an active lifestyle and to successfully communicate by removing the limitations and isolation of hearing loss. As part of The Emerge Center, formerly Baton Rouge Speech and Hearing Foundation, we are a non-profit organization offering audiology services to patients of all ages in Baton Rouge and the surrounding areas since 1960.
What sets us apart from other hearing healthcare options is our ability to offer a more in-depth relationship with our clients. Our structure allows us to provide more one-on-one time with you than an ENT or other hearing aid provider. Our audiologists are available to spend as much time with you as you need.
We’ve developed comprehensive hearing programs for both children and adults to help each group overcome the specific challenges that hearing loss presents. Our audiologists use a variety of testing methods to diagnose and evaluate the nature of hearing loss in both children and adults. We offer a quality selection of hearing aids and assistive listening devices, and can assist you in choosing which option best fits your needs and lifestyle. We provide the following audiological services for all ages:
- Comprehensive diagnostic hearing testing for children and adults, including newborns
- Auditory Processing Disorder testing (APD)
- Tinnitus testing and treatment
- Hearing aids and other listening devices from a selection of top-of-the-line brands
- Bluetooth-compatible hearing aid accessories such as streamers, amplified telephones, TV links, etc.
- Hearing aid repair service of all makes and models, regardless of where they were purchased
- Hearing aid accessories including batteries, drying units, cleaning sprays and battery testers
- Wireless hearing accessories to use with TVs, phones, etc.
- Custom hearing protection, swim plugs, musicians’ earplugs, hunter’s plugs, and other specialty ear molds
- Assistance with personal FM systems and cochlear implants
We accept private insurance and private pay patients, as well as offer financial assistance and need-based scholarships as available, to ensure that no one leaves our program before their goals are met.The core focus of our mission is helping adults and children live an active lifestyle with hearing loss. We strongly believe that hearing loss shouldn’t limit the opportunities for anyone to enjoy the environments they want to be in.
Click here to learn more about The Emerge Center.